Friday, June 25, 2010

Last day brief update

We've had precious little time for anything but racing and prep for the next day. Sorry, but a re-cap will have to suffice.

We're on the final day, we'll be departing out of Parkersburg, WV sometime today for the final leg of the race. It was pretty choppy coming into Parkersburg, but the tailwinds were nice. Liza and I have alternated flying the legs and this last one is mine. I love flying the final!

You may be able to listen live to the finish line at http://www.liveatc.net/search/?icao=kfdk - click on the CTAF frequency provided there, although I can't tell you exactly what time we'll be arriving. We'll be announcing "Classic Racer 55, 10 miles, fly-by to land," then a 5-mile call, then a final call.

This has been a fun, exciting race. Huge storms came through Elkhart, Indiana Wednesday evening, and fortunately the FBO was able to get most of the planes in hangars. We hear no planes were damaged, but the winds reached over 70 mph.

This airport here in Parkersburg was a little hard to find...behind a tree-covered hill... woops, there it is... more on that later.

Here in Parkersburg it was great to have a chance to meet my cousin Jan for dinner. We're staying at a hotel just a block or two from her house. She brought along some friends and Liza and I and three other race teams enjoyed the evening.

We won't have any results until late Sunday evening, and I'll post as soon as I know, and then will write up a full re-cap of the race. For now, let me just say, I'm pretty tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment